Valentine’s Day is almost here! Do you know what you’re doing to make the day extra special for your kids? If you haven’t made any plans yet, we’ve come up with a great list of activities and gift ideas to help your family celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 14.
Valentine’s Day Activities
Valentine’s Day is a great way for children and adults to celebrate the people they care about and love, so be sure you take the time to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a family with these four fun activities:
1. Celebrate the Color Red
People associate Valentine’s Day and love with the color red, so make it an emphasis in your household on Valentine’s Day. Encourage everyone to wear something red and decorate your house with red-themed decorations. You can even eat red foods, such as strawberries, cherries, cranberries, tomatoes, watermelon, strawberry jelly (on a PB&J), marinara sauce, or red velvet cake, that day to complete the theme.
2. Focus on Three Important Words: I Love You
Come up with a creative way to tell your kids you love them. Stick a handwritten note or special card in their book bags or somewhere in their room, for example, or schedule time during the day to spend time together doing their favorite activity. You could also make a special message for them in your backyard with rocks, sea shells, or other materials. To make Valentine’s Day even more fun, come up with a scavenger hunt for children to do in order for them to find their special Valentine’s message or surprise.
3. Create Unique Valentine’s Day Cards
Creating handmade DIY Valentine’s Day cards is a great way for families to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re making them for family, friends, or each other, putting your family’s own special twist on Valentine’s Day cards will make them unique and memorable for both the sender and recipient. Visit Pinterest for a great selection of fun ideas for Valentine’s Day cards for kids.
4. Make Heart-Themed Crafts and Baked Goods
Valentine’s Day is all about matters of the heart, so make sure your family celebrates the holiday by making fun heart-themed crafts and baked goods. Junior bake sets are a great way for your kids to help you make and enjoy heart-shaped cookies, for example, and your family can also make heart-themed crafts with stamps, sand, and play dough. Be sure to check out Pinterest for other fun Valentine-themed craft ideas and Valentine’s Day activities for kids.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Kids
1. Baby Love – Cloth Book – Babies will love touching this soft cloth book, and it can even be hung on a crib for them to enjoy.
2. Sweet Baby Blocks – These soft baby blocks squeak when they are squeezed and feature colorful raised pictures for babies to touch and explore.
3. Heart of Mine Dolls (set of 4) - These soft and loveable baby dolls are great cuddle buddies for kids.
4. I Love You Ritual Bib Set (Set of 3) - You can connect with your kids and help them increase their attention skills and brain development by telling them the different rhymes embroidered on each bib.
5. I Love You Rituals - This book features 79 activities you can do with your kids to teach them how to be kind and help build self-esteem.
6. Guess How Much I Love You - Kids will enjoy reading this board book about the love between a parent and child.
7. A Sweetheart for Valentine - The story of Valentine and how she discovers love will enchant children as they read this fun book.
8. Winter Beauty Dress & Matching Doll Dress - Children can play dress up with this beautiful winter dress, and they can also dress their favorite doll in a matching doll dress.
9. Road Construction Vehicles (Set of 3) - Kids will love using their imagination as they play with these three road construction vehicles.
10. Hugga Pet Giraffe - Children can snuggle with this adorable giraffe or use it as a pillow for relaxing and taking a nap.