Thanksgiving is a great time of the year for many reasons, but one of the most cherished is that it allows for a time where families can come together and express their gratitude for life and each other. In celebration of a holiday that allows you to spend time with your family, we’ve gathered a list of games for you to keep the kiddos entertained!
Turkey Feather Toss
- Supplies: turkey feathers, weights, baskets
- Tape weights onto the quill ends of your Turkey feathers (these can be found at Micheal’s Crafts)
- Place baskets at staggered distances away and associate with different point values (the further away the more points)
- Take turns and keep score!
Thanksgiving Basket Upset
- Supplies: as many chairs as people, minus one
- Put the chairs in a circle and choose a “caller.”
- Give everyone a “Thanksgiving name” (Pilgrim, dressing, pumpkin, etc.)
- Caller calls two of the names and they have to switch chairs.
- The Caller has to get to one of their chairs before they do.
- If Caller succeeds, switch! Whoever’s left becomes the Caller.
- Supplies: chopsticks, unshelled walnut, acorn, cranberry, pea, small plate
- Each player gets a pair of chopsticks.
- Place walnut, acorn, cranberry and pea on a small plate next to oldest player.
- Use chopsticks to pass each object, largest to smallest, to the person to their right.
- Try to get all four objects back to the starting plate without dropping any!
- Supplies: poster board, brown card stock, white opaque paint marker, poster tacks, blindfold
- Create a goal post from two-inch-wide poster board strips. (The uprights and the crossbar are each 20 inches long and the post is 6 inches long) Tack to wall.
- Cut 5-inch-long footballs out of brown card stock.
- Use white marker to decorate and add player’s names to the footballs; put a blob of poster tack on the back of each one.
- Players line up six feet away from goal. Player is blindfolded, spun around three times, and set loose to stick their football between the uprights (hopefully!)
- 3 points are awarded for each field goal. Highest score wins.
For more Thanksgiving games, visit: