Want to help your kiddo say a big thank you to their dad this Father’s Day? We’ve come up with some great ways for little ones to make dads feel special while having fun and getting creative along the way! Get engaged with your child using these three fun ways to make Father’s Day special:
1) Father’s Day Bookmarks
-Dads love to read! Give them something special to see every time they open up a book to whatever page they left off on!
- Colorful poster board
- Variety of stickers
- Small pictures cut from greeting cards
- Glue sticks
- Markers and crayons
- Clear contact paper
- Hole punch
What to do:
- Cut poster board into bookmark size. Place bookmarks, scissors, stickers, small pictures, glue sticks, and markers on a table for your child.
- Let your child decorate bookmarks using the materials.
- When he or she is finished, help him/her cover the bookmarks with clear contact paper to ensure that the materials will stay.
- Punch a hole in a corner of each bookmark so your child can tie tassels.
- Help your child make tassels by gathering several pieces of yarn together and tying them together at one end. Knot to the hole in the bookmark.
- Give to dad or grandpa to make Father’s Day special!
-For even more great activities like this one, check out “The GIANT Encyclopedia of Monthly Activities for Children 3 to 6.”
2) Make a Snack for Dad!
-Encourage your kids to get creative in the kitchen by helping them prepare Celery Race Cars for Dad! It is an easy and healthy snack that will keep your child’s motor running!
- 2” pieces of celery
- ¼” slices of carrots
- Peanut butter
What to Do:
- Encourage your child to spread peanut butter into his or her celery “cars.”
- Spread peanut butter on the carrot slices with a plastic knife and attach them to the celery to create “wheels.”
- Make “bugs on a log” with celery, peanut butter and raisins!
- Help your child fill the celery with peanut butter and put raisins on the peanut butter. Now it’s time to eat his “bugs on a log!”
- You can also introduce a little science lesson by filling two cups with water and dropping in two drops of food coloring. Put a celery stick in each color and watch the celery turn different colors!
-Love cooking with your kids? Find more recipes to cook together in “The Budding Chef.”
3) Help Dad Drive in Style!
– Help dads keep their car organized by working with your child to make a Car Visor Clip!
- Clothespin, spring type
- Library pocket
- Cotton swabs or thin paintbrushes
- Non-toxic permanent marker
Make Your Gift Great:
- Paint the clothespin and library pocket using either the cotton swabs or thin paintbrushes.
- After the paint dries, glue the library pocket to one side of the clothespin.
- Use the permanent marker to personalize the clip by writing a title on the library pocket such as “Dad’s Car Clip.”
- Include a note with the gift suggesting that the recipient clip it to the car visor and use the pocket for parking stubs or loose change.
-The library pocket will last longer if it is laminated or covered with clear contact paper before attaching it to the clothespin. Laminate does not adhere to other materials well, so use self-adhesive Velcro to attach the pocket to the clothespin.
Add magnetic tape to the back of the clothespin to create a refrigerator clip that can hold papers. Use the library pocket for storing pens and pencils.
-Did your child like the activity above? Find more like it in
101 Great Gifts From Kids.
There are so many ways for little ones to help celebrate Father’s Day! For even more ways to get your children involved in hands-on crafts, check out our Father’s Day Activities Pinterest board: http://www.pinterest.com/KaplanToys/crafts-for-fathers-day/
As this year coasts toward an end, we must remember all of the things there are in life to celebrate. You can bring in the new year with a little musical celebration! Make some noise and give your kids a chance to unleash their creativity with these musical instruments. There are items for all ages!
10 Musical Instruments to Bring in the New Year
- Age range: 3 years & up.
- Description:This unique bell set features letter names on each colored bar, accurately pitched with a diatonic range from C2 to C3 and rounded corners for safety. Pair of mallets included.
2. Tap-a-Tune Drum
- Age range: 12 months & up.
- Description:Tap-A-Tune musical toys help preschoolers and toddlers take their first steps into the world of music. This brightly colored drum and drum sticks encourage children to tap into developing creative skills and make their own musical tunes. Color may vary.
3. Kaplan Shake, Rattle, and Beat Bag
- Age Range: 3-6 years old
- Description:This unique set of multicultural instruments with get bodies moving to the rhythm. Set includes a Kente cloth bag, 4 MoJo sticks, 2 agogos, 4 den den drums, 4 caxixi baskets, 3 single bell jingles, 3 confetti bell jingles. Kente cloth fabric may vary.
4. Chimalong Jr.
- Age range: 3 years old and up
- Description:Encourages kids to sing along and experiment with notes and expression. Rich musical quality promotes understanding of tone and pitch. 8-note metallophone comes with 2 mallets and a 28-page songbook.
5. 8 Note Hand Bell Set
- Age range: 3 years old and up
- Description:Introduce tonality and the one-octave scale with these colorful hand bells. Promote cooperation by having each child play one bell, creating their own melody.
6. Zoo Rhythm Instruments (Set of 7)
- Age range: 3 years old and up
- Description:Young children are invited on a musical adventure by seven beautiful wooden zoo animals, such as a crocodile guiro, whale jingle, shark bells, snail shaker, dolphin bells, elephant den-den and cow tone blocks. Each instrument is approximately 8 inches long.
- Age range: 3 years and up
- Description:Multi-colored beads cascade through the clear tube creating fascinating visual tracking opportunities while enhancing listening skills. 16″ long.
8. ABC Clappers
- Age range: 2 years and up
- Description:Set of 3 wooden castanets, each with a different sound. Features numbers 1, 2, 3 on one side and A, B, C on the other. Use for color, number, and letter recognition; beginning pattern making; and hearing high and low sound changes. Activity guide included.
9. Baby Tambourine
- Age range: 12 months and up
- Description:Perfect for a toddler’s first tambourine! Features include comfortable grip for small hands, light weight and durable design and 4 pairs of steel jungles under safe clear cover. Colors may vary.
10. Baby Piano
- Age range: 6 – 36 months
- Description:Four easy-to-press keys are a great way to introduce little ones to the piano. Smooth rounded corners for added protection.
Don’t forget to set goals with your children for the New Year. You never know, one of your kids might make a resolution to become even more musically inclined!
For more musical instruments from Kaplan Toys, you can browse here.
One-two-three-four, say goodbye to bath time wars! The experts at Kaplan Toys are counting down the best in bath toys – all of which are sure to have your young ones toddling to the tub!
#5: Cup O Fun
The perfect bath toy for floating puzzle fun! Activities include sifting water, matching faces, and “I Spy” star. This puzzle set includes one floating tray, four large puzzles, four shaped cups, and five foam pieces. For ages 12 months and up.
Item Number: 00373
#4: Princess in the Tub
Now she can be a princess even in the bath tub! This fun bath time set includes a foam tiara with shiny printed jewels, foam safety mirrors and of course, a magic wand! Dipping the wand into the water will trigger magical lights and sounds – sure to delight every little princess. For ages 3 and up.
Item Number: 00232
#3: Squirter for the Tub™ Jungle
Your child will love these jungle creatures made for oodles and oodles of water play fun! This set of five soft water squirters, perfectly sized for little hands, will make any infant or toddler excited for bath time! For ages 6 months and up.
Item Number: 00229
#2: Tub Tunes Symphony™
Every little musician can now practice while in the tub! This deluxe gift set includes three real instruments that will bring out their inner Mozart – a xylophone, drum, and flutes – plus laminated sheet music for each instrument! For ages 3 years and up.
Item Number: 00233
#1: Color Your Water Fizzy Bath Tints
Drop tablets in water and watch the water change colors! Create all of the colors of the rainbow using 50 tablets of each primary color! The bath tints will not stain fabrics when used as directed. For ages 2 years and up. (Bottles shown are not included)
Item Number: 85533