Looking to add some extra sparkle to your Fourth of July festivities? Independence Day is a great time to get crafty. Here are five fun, hands-on crafts to help celebrate the red, white, and blue:
1. Roller Painting Red, White, and Blue
- Empty thread spools
- Wire coat hangers
- Wire cutters
- Red, white, and blue paint
What to do:
- Cut the bottom wire of each clothes hanger at the ends, in the middle of the curves.
- Bend the center of the hanger in so that the ends almost touch.
- Attach thread spools to the ends of the wire hangers. This creates a handle on each empty spool and makes for easy rolling.
- Pour red, white, and blue paint into shallow containers.
- Let the children roller paint with their patriotic colors.
Find this and more festive crafts in the Giant Encyclopedia of Monthly Activities!
2. Uncle Sam Mask
With this fun, silly Uncle Sam craft, your little one will be transformed into the American icon, Uncle Sam. Encourage dramatic play with this fun, home-made costume. Directions can be found here:
Fruit kabobs are yummy and healthy! With just a few colorful fruits, you can make a delicious treat! Check out the recipe!
4. Pipe Cleaner Firework Ring
Keep the sparks flying all day with these fun, easy-to-make firework rings! Any pipe cleaners or leftover tinsel string from the holidays will do!
5. Patriotic Wreath
Feeling like Christmas in July? Teach color coordination while crafting! Here’s how to make a fun, colorful wreath in red, white and blue:
6. Q-Tip Fireworks
Recreate an Independence Day night sky with ease! Make these eye-popping 3D fireworks out of simple Q-tips & paint.