As you start the new year, it’s best to have learning resources in mind for your children. This will not only help continue learning opportunities that start in the classroom at home, but also give you options when it comes to filling weekends, indoor play days, and the special holidays you get to spend together! Without further adieu, here is a list of 2015 parent resources we hope you’ll find useful:
Early Education Blogs
Blogs go a long way in providing inspiration and a way to get connected with other parents and teachers. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Kids Activities Blog
- The Imagination Tree
- A Mom with a Lesson Plan
- Childhood 101
- Education Week –Early Years Blog
Educational Toy Suggestions
Keep up with our latest toys for the new year! Whether it’s incorporating new technology, discovering our latest dramatic play options, or finding classics on sale, here are our top toys for the new year:
- Stephen Joseph Wall Growth Chart
- Lil Allie Gator
- Start teaching proper brushing habits from the start with help from Lil Allie Gator! Because everyone knows if Alligators brush their teeth, then it must be important!
- Cottage Bed Pretend Play Tent
- Encourage dramatic play and fanciful reading spaces with the new Cottage Bed Pretend Play Tent. Fits directly over a twin mattress!
- Geomag Gbaby Farm – 11 Pieces
- Magnetic rods allow budding builders to construct whatever shapes and structures they can imagine. Hours of building fun for babies!
- Laser Pegs® Combat Fighter – 6 Models in 1
- Build 6 different models with the Laser Pegs® Combat Fighter! Vehicles can even light up while racing! Encourages creativity while providing hours of fun during play.
- Practice Lacing Shoes (set of 2)
- Let your little ones practice tying their shoes without it inhibiting their progress. Great for 3 years and up.
We hope you find these suggestions useful as you launch into the new year with your children!